Ever wanted to create a remote control car of your own? Check this out
This post was brought to us by Mark Briggs at RCJudge. All of these are his opinion.
An RC truck can give any user a very good time and entertainment. It is one of the most preferred toys of kids and adults alike. There are many different options available in the market, and if you are looking to buy an RC truck under 200, this article will be very helpful.
Top 7 RC Trucks Under 200
You must be wondering about the top RC trucks which are loved by most customers. To make it easier for you, we have made a list of the top 8 cheap RC vehicles. To get a deeper guide into rc vehicles check this guide on the best rc trucks.
Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck
One of the best trucks that come at an affordable price, the Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck is equipped with many great features. This vehicle is quite powerful and will allow users to use it on a rough terrain as well.
Even though this cheap brushless rc truck has many great features, the one that needs to be highlighted is the motor that has been installed in the vehicle. It is an electric brushed 27T 540 motor that is known to deliver a high-level performance and an excellent performance. It is ensured to last you for a long time, particularly as it has one of the top quality motors available.
The other great feature is that it has a polycarbonate body which makes it highly durable and robust enough to withstand rough terrain and use. It will be resistant to scratches and other wear and tear as well. The shocks of the car are oil filled and aluminum capped, which ensures you have an excellent driving experience.
- It comes with a high-torque servo and is a complete four-wheel drive with one of the best engines.
- The body of the car is made of polycarbonate and has aluminum-capped, oil-filled shocks.
- It comes with a forward and reverse transmission.
- The electronics included in the car are waterproof.
- There is a 2.5 GHz radio present in the rtr truck, and it can be easily used with batteries.
- Reading the manual once will help you understand how to run the car.
Velocity Toys Speed Spark 6×2 Electric RC Monster Truck
This product looks scary because it has a gigantic built and seems as if this monster is ready to eat anything that comes in its path. It is known for the speed at which it can be driven and it can run without any difficulty on rocky, sandy, and a variety of other terrains. If you are a beginner, then you may have some difficulty in controlling the car, but after some time, you will eventually be able to use it to its full extent. You will be amazed almost every day with its performance.
This rc truck has wheels on each side that are built to allow it to perform off the road. They also enable the vehicle to adapt itself to the type of surface it is being driven upon. These wheels are made from the best material available, which is the premium semi-pneumatic rubber that ensures that the car does not slip on wet surfaces. The tires are durable and will last you for a long time.
The full-function steering control gives you complete control over the electric truck, allowing you to move it backward, forward, and sideways. It is relatively easy to use, though you may have some trouble getting used to it in the beginning. This steering allows you to use the truck to its full extent and drive it according to your needs.
- You will be provided with everything that you need in the box of the car.
- It is battery operated which is rechargeable.
- The car is bigger than the usual cheaper rc trucks.
- The steering wheel of the car is fully functional.
- The wheels are made from a superb material which is premium semi-pneumatic rubber tires.
- It comes with a front crash bumper and a fantastic paint job.
- The headlights can be easily used, and they are brilliant.
Redcat Racing Blackout XTE 1/10 Scale Electric Monster Truck
This car comes with enormous wheels which allow them to get a good grip on the type of surface they are being driven on. It is very powerful, and it is one of the best ones that you will find on the market. The brand of the truck is great, which makes the vehicle reliable. It is ensured to provide an exceptional driving experience and the controls are easy to use, which can easily be operated by kids and adults alike.
The shocks of the truck are adjustable and oil filled, which means that it can be used on various surfaces where they will actively ensure that the truck rides smoothly. With these shocks, the truck does not touch the ground or any other surface when it bumps or jumps. This makes sure that the vehicle does not get damaged.
The vehicle comes equipped with an RC550 brushed electric motor that gives it torque and power, allowing it to move with speed and agility. Making it one of the most advanced and best rtr rc trucks under 200.
- It comes with a fully-functional remote control that allows you to move the car forward, backward and sideways.
- The shocks of the car are adjustable and oil filled.
- The motor of the truck is brushed electric RC550.
- It has a heat sink, is waterproof, and comes with a four wheel drive.
- The battery of the car is rechargeable and has a 7.2v 3000mAh power.
- It comes with a radio as well, which requires eight AA batteries.
Zerospace Keliwow Offroad Car
This truck supports a sporty look which is only one part of its design. The truck is one of the best that you will find and will give you a lot of fun in one go. It can be used on almost any type of surface and will make a perfect gift for anyone who is into remote control cars.
The car can easily travel 17 to 22 miles per hour, which is one of the fastest speeds you will get. In the beginning, steering a car at such a high speed may prove to be a bit hard, but after a while, you will get used to it. Once you have the hang of it, you will enjoy the speed that the car has to offer. If you are planning to race anyone with this car, then be sure that there are high chances you will win.
The set comes with a big remote control which has a wide range. The radio system is a 2.4 GHz one, which is quite robust and will allow you to control the car from a great distance. It ensures good entertainment and a chance to explore places you can’t visit yourself.
- It comes with 4WD and can go up to 17 to 22 miles per hour.
- It comes with a 2.4 GHz radio system as well. It has a big remote that can cover a distance of 100 meters.
- It has a 1500 mAh battery which will take a little while to charge and will deliver 15 minutes of play time.
- The 390 motor of the machine is powerful with a dual-damping shock system.
- The car is also available with a guarantee, which most other cars lack.
Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Extreme Radio Control Vehicle
If you want to use a machine that is powerful, can cover a wide range, and can move on any surface with ease, then this is the perfect product for you. The vehicle makes for a great gift for any loved one and is easy for kids to handle as well. Since the car is quite powerful, it is wise to read the instructions first and follow them until you get the hang of it. That way you can be sure that you will not crash the car too quickly.
The suspension of the car is articulated, which means that you will have loads of off-road fun as this feature allows the car to perform superbly on rugged terrains. The suspension makes sure that the car does not get damaged. In fact, the run is often smooth and fast.
The truck is complete with three different motors. Two of them are used for driving the car, adding torque and power, which makes sure that the drive is excellent. The other one is used for steering the truck so that you can get a better control of the car.
- Comes with articulated suspensions that allow great off-road abilities.
- It is equipped with three different motors
- There is a tri-channel transmitter added; with this feature, three different players can enjoy other radio control trucks.
- The body of the car is lightweight yet strong.
- You will require six AA and three AAA batteries operate the car.
Traxxas 76044-1 LaTrax SST Fully Assembled Truck
This car is affordable and will be a great purchase for any RC truck enthusiast. The vehicle is easy to operate and will run for a long time, ensuring a great experience. Kids will simply fall in love with its performance and the quality of the machine is sure to last you for a long time.
The best part about this machine is that it is waterproof, which includes almost every part of the car. Hence, no matter what the weather condition is like, you will have a great time driving the car. You can even run it through a small stream; the car will perform up to level and will keep on going.
Another great part is that it comes complete with a chassis that is made of nylon monocoque. This durable material ensures a longer life and makes sure that the car performs at an excellent level.
- The chassis is made up of high-quality material.
- It is a four wheel drive with a shaft 370 motor.
- The radio system is a good 2.4 GHz and comes equipped with an electric steering trim and pistol grip.
- You will need to maintain the equipment of the truck if you want it to last for a long time.
- It comes with a 7.2V 6-cell NiMH battery.
- The material of the car is waterproof.
HOSIM All Terrain RC Car
The design of the truck is simple yet eye catching. It gives a great sporty look while adding great value to the car. If you are looking for a great experience with driving a remote control monster truck, it will serve to be one of the best options for you.
The car has a 390 motor which makes the entire thing extremely fast and powerful. It can conquer any terrain and will make sure that you have one of the best driving experiences. It will give you a next-level performance as it can reach up to 33 mph. Reading the instructions before taking it for a drive would be a wise decision.
The car will perform up to par no matter what the surface is; it can be wet or rocky, slippery or smooth, and the car will have an excellent grip as it has some of the best off-roading abilities.
- The car comes with a 390 motor and can reach speeds up to 33 mph.
- 260 feet is the maximum range that the car can reach and the remote control will still be responsive and very much in control.
- It has a 2.4 GHz radio system and an S Truck suspension technology that allows excellent performance.
- It can efficiently move on almost any type of terrain and will not get damaged easily.
- It comes with a guarantee and warranty.
Best RTR RC Truck Under 200 Buyers Guide
Before you buy an RC truck, you need to take some things into consideration. This will help you make a better decision about the vehicle and help you evaluate better. Some of the factors that you need to consider are:
Brushed or brushless motor
There are two types of motors: brushed or brushless. They are both different from each other in performance. The brushed motor is cheaper but will not give excellent performance levels and will not be as efficient. Brushless motors, on the other hand, are a little pricier but are powerful, will last longer, and are more efficient. Personally I think you should choose a brushless rc truck as a beginner. In my opinion the best brushless rc truck under $200 is the redcat racing.
When you are talking about an RC truck, you are looking into a monster truck. The size of the vehicle will play a major factor in the handling and performance of the car. It also depends on where you are planning on driving it. If you want one for your home or simple outdoor use, a small one will be right for you, but if you want to get into proper outdoor sports, you should go for a larger RC truck.
Warranty or guarantee
Try to purchase a product that comes with a warranty or guarantee so that you can have it or parts of it replaced if you experience any problems with the toy. If not, then make sure you get some advice on the performance of the truck. If you are looking for a car for rough use, the warranty becomes an essential.
You need to be certain about the type of terrain that you plan on driving the car. The specifications of the car should be in accordance to that. If it is a rough terrain, make sure that the car is powerful enough to handle it.
If you want to drive the car in an outdoor place that requires you to be at some distance from the car, make sure that you purchase one with a greater signal strength and radio system. This will allow you to control the car easily.
All of the above RC trucks are great in their own way and top the list of the best rc truck under 200 available on the market. They are all reasonably priced, so if you are thinking of giving one of them to someone as a gift, it will make a perfect addition to their collection.
Here are a few random topics I thought off. Be sure to send me an email for more topics like these!
Nitro or electric
You have two options when choosing.. You can purchase either an electric one or a nitro one. Each of them comes with its own set of benefits. The electric one will work on batteries, while a nitro truck will work on gas. Below are some of the things you need to know about both types.
- You will need to purchase the gas.
- The sound will be like music to your ears.
- They will run for a longer time.
- The cars will be a little more expensive.
- They are complicated to handle.
- They are relatively cheap.
- They do not need much maintenance.
- They have faster acceleration.
- They will not run for a long time.
- The battery recharge will take a lot of time.
You need to be careful when choosing the company. There will be many available in the market, and it can easily get confusing. Some of them may have a good quality vehicle, while others may have excellent and some with bad quality. You need to make sure that you purchase the high-quality ones as they will last you for a longer time and you will get some of the best and latest features added to the trucks. They may be a bit more expensive from the other brands, but they are sure to work much better. Some of the biggest names that you can look for are:
If you are looking for a rc rock crawler that you can take off-road and get an excellent performance, this is the one for you. It has many amazing features and will be able to withstand various weather conditions as well. You or your kid will have fun driving this rc crawler, which is sure to last you for a long time. It would even make a great gift for your loved one.
Danchee Trail Notable Features
A fantastic feature of this truck is that it has two motors; this means that the vehicle gets extra power to rely on when being driven on rough terrains. Both the motors are equally powerful and come with a dual-mode technology that allows the crawler to harvest energy from both motors. This is usually done when the rock crawler is on a rough terrain or is rock crawling; it will perform amazing well during such runs.
The rc rock crawler has a whole four-wheel drive that allows you to use it in the sand or on rocks. The front and rear suspensions add to the vehicle’s ability to operate smoothly on hard surfaces. The car will easily twist and turn according to the instructions provided by the remote. The wheels will correctly adjust themselves to the ground and deliver an excellent experience.
What I Like
- It comes with dual mode technology that is backed by two motors, which allows you to drive the car on surfaces such as mountains and other rocky areas.
- It comes with full front and rear suspension, and it has a complete four-wheel drive which allows for smooth movement of the car.
- The remote is a 2.4 GHz hobby-grade one, which allows you to drive the crawler from a distance. It also allows around 20 different players to drive the vehicle within the area at the same time.
- The vehicle itself will require 6 AA batteries, while the controller will need 4 AA batteries.
- The car is delivered with full function, throttle control, and precise steering.
- There are two different modes added, which are the normal mode and the hill braking mode.
Check out several more options on top rc rock crawlers here.